CeraTex® Ceramic Fiber Cloth
CeraTex® Cloth is a woven fabric that is manufactured from high purity alumino-silicate based ceramic fiber, reinforced with fiberglass filament and optional alloy steel wire. The product is white and odorless, suitable for high temperature applications up to 2300°F.
Characteristics and Specs
- Low thermal conductivity, low heat storage, high temperature stable, thermal shock resistant
- Fire and flame proof
- Chemical resistant, compatible with most corrosive chemicals, commonly used acid and alkali (exceptions are hydrofluoric, phosphoric acids and concentrated alkalis)
- Lightweight, woven texture with excellent handling strength,
Working Temperature : 1,800 °F. for Continuous Use, 2300 °F Maximum
Specific Heat (@2000°F): 0.27 Btu/lb °F
- Safety and protective insulation cover, curtains, blanket, welding blanket
- Expansion joint fabric
- Insulation wrapping material for cable, wire, pipe, exhaust, etc.
- Gaskets, tadpole gasket and other high temperature insulation seal
3110G CeraTex® Cloth
3110W CeraTex® Cloth with Wire Insert
Product Sizes and Variants
Thickness: 1/16", 1/8"; Width: 39.4" (1 meter); Length per roll: 33 yard
Also available: heat cleaned/treated, vermiculite coated, aluminum foil back
Customer Application Notes
Heat Cleaning Process: The products contain certain amount of organic binder materials(necessary for fiber carding process). The organic binder will burn out at lower temperature and generate smokes. This will not affect the ceramic fiber properties. After the organic binder is burned out the product will turn white again. In applications where smoke is prohibited, the product should be heat cleaned or treated first before it is put into use.
Product Handling: Require protective gloves, cloth, mask and dust control. Details on product MSDS.